(1) Make sure to check the email you received from York University letting you know when you will have access to YU START. It will not allow you in before your access begins.
(2) The following list of programs are eligible for access to YU START. If you do not find your program on the list then you are not eligible for access to YU START.
Not all students will use the YU START Online Enrolment Tutorial to Enrol in courses. Below is a list of programs
that use the Online Enrolment Tutorial. If your program is not on the list then you do not use the Online Enrolment Tutorial. Set up an appointment with your faculty through MyFile.
In order to unlock and view most YU START content, you will need to first enrol in at least one course. If content is still locked after enrolling in a course, please wait 24 hours. If you are still having trouble accessing content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your name, student number, a brief explanation of the issue and a screenshot if possible.
(1) Ensure you have completed sections 1-5 of the Online Enrolment Tutorial. When complete, it will look like this:
(2) Take a look at the countdown clock at the bottom of the OET page. This will tell you when you will be able to enrol.
(3) If you just completed the Online Enrolment Tutorial, the button already says "Enrol Now", the system may need some time to process your completion. Log out of YU START and try again in 30-60 minutes.
If you are still experiencing issues please email email@example.com
, ensure you include your full name and student number along with a brief explanation of the issue and if possible a screenshot and someone will reach out to you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your full name, your student number and a brief explanation and if possible a screen shot and someone will reach out to you.
(1) The YU START application is best suited for the latest version of Mozilla Fire Fox or Google Chrome web browsers. Please make sure that you are using the most recent/updated version of these web browsers. Please also ensure these activities are being completed on a computer.
(2) Some YU START activites require a Flash Player to run. Ensure you have Flash Player installed and enabled to view all YU START activities & content. Some browsers have the Flash Player installed but not enabled by default. To enable the Flash Player on your web browser, please visit https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and follow the instructions contained in section 4 to enable the Flash Player on your browser. Please also ensure these activities are being completed on a computer.
The Pay Enrolment Deposit checkbox will not be updated until early July. If you have paid your enrolment deposit, please go to your Student Account Online Statement (https://sfs.yorku.ca/fees/your-student-account
) or your Financial Institution to confirm. Since the deposit is part of your tuition, it will not appear as a separate charge on your student account Statement.
(1) It's possible you are trying to access YU START before you have access. Please check the email you received from York University telling you when you would have access to YU START.
(2) If you should already have access to YU START, it's possible the system is not finding your email. You must update your email in the 'Student Personal Information' module. The link to this module is here: http://currentstudents.yorku.ca/student-personal-information
Once you have entered your email, the YU START application will update with the email that you have provided. Just make sure to log out and log back in.