The Career Centre provides York students and new graduates with opportunities to explore a variety of career possibilities and pursue their career goals. Activities such as workshops on career exploration, job search and further education; individual appointments for career counselling, job search support and help with further education applications; fall and winter career fairs and job postings give students the chance to explore their career and further education options and develop their job search skills while still pursuing their degree…and for two years after graduation.
The Career Centre website provides links to a variety of its different services, including:
- My Career Plan: an online tool that allows students to personalize their career plan and track their career progress.
- The TASTE Program; providing opportunities for students to meet with York Alumni for bite-sized mentoring.
- Career Conversations and Industry Insights Panels that allow students to meet with York alumni and industry HR representatives to learn about potential career paths and to get an edge during the hiring process.
- Employer recruitment sessions that provide opportunities for students to meet with employers interested in hiring York graduates.
- Internship and Co-op Programs; providing experiential education opportunities for students in certain York programs.
202 McLaughlin College